Overall Purpose of the role
The role is Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, and organising agile plans that ensures business logic value to our projects. Being the primary contact between highest business management, another project manager, and developers, you will manage stakeholder expectations and be responsible for capturing requirements and ensuring they are met. Working knowledge and experience delivering within Agile methodologies is integral to this role.
What you will be doing, mainly and including, but not limited to:
- You will lead the requirements process, gathering knowledge, data and transposing that into well written requirements in JIRA/Confluence, presenting the projects, through to production.
- Feed-back, revise and improve requirements during the process as required.
- Create and own the resource plan, project schedule, and provide regular project updates internally to developers and business managers.
- Be involved in technical planning and producing technical drawings where required.
- Provide technical briefings for developers where required.
- Own and maintain technical documentation.
- Help introduce new members of staff to projects and technical introductions.
- Take part and conduct planning, stand-up, demo and retrospective.
- Assist in managing and grooming product backlog.
- Efficiently work as liaison among cross-functional teams.
- Establish and maintain high standards of quality and deliverability.
Essential Skills – Abilities
- You will need to have solid agile knowledge & experience and have previously worked for an ecommerce company/project.
You must be able to demonstrate and discuss business understanding and have proven experience in using tools such as:
- Agile Project Management tools especially Jira or equivalent
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and Office Tools
You must be well versed with:
- Microsoft technologies; like .Net, SQL Server, IIS, and Windows server OS
- Cloud services like AWS or Azure
- Caching technologies like Output Cache, Redis, Memcached etc.
- Fair knowledge of (hands-on experience preferred) any JS framework like Angular or React
- Open source and evolving technologies like Microservices, Big data etc.
- You must demonstrate good interpersonal skills and experience of working with medium to large teams.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate analytical and systematic approach to problem solving and communicate fluently in meetings, one to one speaking with team members, and in writing - emails, messenger, slack etc.
- The ideal Project Manager can identify an opportunity to improve the business project/process and have a good appreciation of both core and surrounding technologies.
- Enjoyable atmosphere, fast-paced, fun, and creative environment
- Competitive salary to skill level with potential 10-15% overtime bonus
- 50% preferential staff discount • Employee of the month bonus
- Referral scheme (gift vouchers)
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays (up to 35 depending on years of service)
- Free fruit, bottomless ground coffee and fresh orange juice
- Ongoing training; online, internal, conferences and books
- Team outings, BBQ's, events